It’s always exciting to get started with something new. But sometimes you get lost with the details and specifics and don’t know where exactly to begin. If you are looking to open your first website, well here are some few guidelines to get you started.
- Picking a domain name is the first step. This involves doing a search to check if what you have in mind is available or someone else already bet you to it. If so, a few tweaks will do the trick and still get something close enough.
- Your domain needs a home, so next is choosing a web hosting service and a plan depending on what kind of package you want. Different companies offer different things. Check out reviews such as reviews of Inmotion hosting. It’s always best to do research prior in order to land a good, reliable and affordable host.
- Have a clear plan on how you’re going to navigate around the website. It should be simple for people to visit. There are thousands of templates to pick from. The goal is to be functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Pick a software to design your website and customize it. This way you get to control what goes where and why, using the order of your choice.
- Generate your text, graphics and web buttons. You can always find sites online offering them for free.
- If you are completely unfamiliar, it’s always good to get some tutorials to walk you through the process step by step. Lucky enough, you can easily get them online without much hustle.
- Once you are done with all of that, you need to submit to search engine submission especially on the big search engines. They’ll take you through the process so don’t worry.
- Finally, after you’re settled in, advertise. This way you get to make an extra buck or two.